We've all been there.
There you are on your couch. You've got a pleasant buzz and an empty beer. You have another case of ice cold beer ready to be consumed, but the fridge is in a completely different freaking room. Procuring another frosty, thirst-quenching beverage would require a number of steps including taking your feet off the coffee table, leveraging your body off the couch and then taking actual steps, possibly dozens!, to get to the fridge and back. "If only!" you lament. "If only I had a fridge for my beer right here next to my favorite spot on the couch!"
Rest easy, lazy beer drinkers. Sobro is here to ease your worries. Currently in the Prototype Stage at IndieGoGo, the team at Sobro describe their product as "...a smart coffee table designed to support your connected lifestyle." In addition to a refrigerated drawer, the Sobro sports Bluetooth speakers, charging ports, and LED lights.
There's a month left on a campaign that was looking to raise $50,000 to get the Sobro off the ground. As of this post, there are just shy of 1,200 backers who have contributed $839,53. That's 1679% of the $50,000 goal. Clearly there is a great need amongst the beer drinking, phone using, Spotifying, couch lounging masses.
Delivery is set for September 2017 and the Sobro is expected to retail for an eye-popping $1500. Early backers were able to get onboard for a mere $629. The lowest level right now is $649 for the next 70 backers. If you really want to step up to the big boys table, you can buy 6 to resell for only $2994 (saving $1001/ea).
Here's a breakdown of the features that come on each Sobro smart coffee table:
- Refrigerator Drawer: More than just a cooler, the Sobro uses a compressor to keep your wine, beer and beverages ice cold and features precise temperature controls that you can adjust to your personal preferences.
- Bluetooth Speakers: Set the mood or start the party with rich deep sound quality. Dual speakers on each side of the Sobro coffee table deliver enhanced sound and rich bass.
- TV Connect: Connect your TV audio to the table via Bluetooth and get in the game. (*You'll need a Bluetooth dongle or smart TV but we will provide this for free if you help us reach our stretch goal.)
Touch Control Interface: Control Bluetooth, audio, lights and drawer temperature right from the tabletop. No app download required.
Tempered Glass Top: Control Bluetooth, audio, lights and drawer temperature right from the tabletop. No app download required.
- USB Charging: Charging ports on the side conveniently charge all your devices, from phones, to tablets, to your miniature indoor drone.
- Power Ports: Free yourself from being tethered to the wall. Power up your laptop with the (2) 110v outlets right on the side of the table. When you’re done, roll up your cords and stash them neatly out of sight in the storage drawers.
- Storage Drawers: Store all your remote controls, snacks and magazines out of sight in the two side drawers.
The Sobro will come in white, wood, and black. The video below goes through all the features listed above in detail. Even as just a conversation piece, the Sobro seems like an incredibly cool product and well worth getting on board for at the $649 price tag!
Wylie Withers is the Commissioner of the Booze League and Co-Host of the BoozeCast. He spent many years as 1/3 of the comedy improv duo The Merry Misfits of Doom before pursing a Masters in Boozing (with a Marketing focus). His posterior was featured on the final episode of Beverly Hills, 90210, earning him his SAG card. He'd like to give a shoutout to his liver and left kidney for always being there for him. Follow him on Twitter @wyliewithers or reach him via email firstname.lastname@example.org.